Saturday, August 13, 2011

Sexy salad

I am naming this "sexy salad" because, for reals, I could lay this salad down and give it a good time.

Anyways, I got the base idea from a local salad place, then threw on a few touches. I can't give you specifics on amounts, I just throw it together until it looks right:
- Romaine (Can also do Mesclun, but I am not a fan)
- Peaches
- Chevre
- Walnuts
- Shallots
- Sunflower Seeds
- Fresh Basil

Dressing:
- 1 clove garlic
- half a shallot/ small one
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup champagne vinegar (I used white wine vinegar, it's what I have)
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 or 3 dashes hot sauce
- fresh salt/ pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil

Throw these in a food processor until it smooths out. The dressing would probably serve 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment