Tuesday, January 25, 2011

I'd like to make

One of my coworkers always brings in the following salad for our holiday potluck gatherings. It is so delicious. I had asked her the recipe, and searched for it. I am adding it here as something I'd like to try and make at home. It's full of crunch and flavor. And since there's nuts, it packs a punch with protein and antioxidants. The best part? No cooking! Clearly it's great for a potluck situation, but this could be a whole dinner meal for me, I like it that much!

Ingredients for salad:
16 ounces shredded premixed coleslaw mix
1 bunch scallions, sliced with tops
1/2 cup roasted sunflower seeds
1/2 cup cashew halves
1/2 cup slivered almond
3 ounces oriental-flavor instant ramen noodles, reserve seasoning packet
1/4-1/2 cup grated carrot
1 apple, with peels, diced
1/2 cup sweetened cranberries
1/2-1 cup seedless cucumber, quartered, peels on
1/2-1 cup sugar snap pea, trimmed and halved
1/4 cup radicchio, for color (optional)


Dressing ingredients:
seasoning packet from soup
1/4 cup canola oil
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup rice wine vinegar ( other recipes say 1/2 cup white vinegar or white vinegar, but I know my coworker used rice wine vinegar.)


Directions:

1 Mix all veggies, nuts and fruits together.
2 Break up DRY noodles (**do not boil) and add to veggie mix before serving.

Can be refrigerated overnight. If serving a party, add the ramen noodles right before served, so they are extra crunchy.

editted to add: I made this this week, great recipe. Keep the dressing and ramen noodles seperate if you have leftovers. It will keep it fresher for the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment